Celebrate the history and artistry of Canadian circulation coinage with this fine silver 10-cent piece—part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s new series featuring Canada’s six circulation coins. Each beautiful coin is composed of five ounces of fine silver and features selective colour on the reverse.
Item Number: 151545
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 10-cent
Artist: Emanuel Hahn
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with graphic beauty box
- This 5-ounce fine silver 10-cent coin features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic schooner or “Bluenose” design, first issued in 1937. This design has been used continuously on Canadian “dimes,” with only two exceptions.
- Part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 6-coin series of 5-ounce fine silver versions of Canada’s 5-cent, 10-cent, 25-cent, 50-cent, 1-dollar, and 2-dollar circulation coins.
- Selective colour on the reverse of each coin makes this series particularly lovely and exceptionally unique.
- With a very limited mintage of only 1,500 coins per issue, this series is sure to be highly sought after by collectors.
- Drawing its inspiration from minting itself, this coin makes an exquisite gift, an inspiring introduction to collecting, or an important addition for any collector interested in Canadian subjects, Canadian and international circulation coinage, or minting history.
The reverse features Canadian artist Emanuel Hahn’s iconic image of a stylized schooner sailing on the open sea with tall sails flying. The schooner and surrounding water are selectively coloured. The reverse is also engraved with the text “CANADA”, the date “2016” and the face value of “10 CENTS”. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.