SALE - 2015 $100 14-KARAT GOLD COIN AND POCKET WATCH BUGS BUNNY AND FRIENDS
Bugs. Daffy. Tweety. Sylvester. For many Canadians, the mere mention of these names evoke fond childhood memories of spending Saturday mornings in front of a television, transfixed and spellbound as these characters—and many more—outsmarted each other in situations that could only exist in our imaginations.
Item Number: 144989
Composition: 14-karat gold
Weight (g): 12
Diameter (mm): 27
Face Value: $100
Artist: Warner Bros.
Packaging: Wood case with custom beauty box
- The reverse design brings together several main characters from Looney Tunes cartoons, including Bugs Bunny, the Tazmanian Devil, Wile E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Marvin the Martian.
- Finely detailed engraving is enhanced by the use of vibrant colour, exemplifying the craftsmanship and artistry for which the Royal Canadian Mint is renowned.
- Comes packaged in a premium fire-brandedwooden case.
- In keeping with the playful nature of Looney Tunes, look closely at the coin to find a hidden surprise design element!
- As part of this special issue, the coin includes an exclusive Looney Tunes pocket watch—not available anywhere else!
The reverse image, provided by Warner Bros., brings together some of the principal Looney Tunes characters framed in concentric circles, much like the end credits after each cartoon that were accompanied by the line “That’s all Folks!”. Beautifully detailed engraving and spectacular colour bring this design to life, with dynamic movement created by the characters as they appear to be emerging from the centre opening. As the star of the 'show', Bugs Bunny is the centre focus; with one hand leaning on the circle, he confidently smiles his wide, buck-toothed grin as his other gloved hand reaches out toward the viewer. The other characters are sometimes portrayed as antagonists: there’s Wile E. Coyote just over Bugs’ right shoulder, as he looks off to the side and waves a closed fist in the air; above him stands the Tasmanian Devil with his arms raised and mouth open; next to him is Daffy, who bears an expression of defiant outrage as he also stands with fists clenched; finally, there’s the calmly villainous space character known as Marvin the Martian, who lifts his thumb up as he scrutinizes something in the distance.
LOONEY TUNES: TM/MC & © WARNER BROS. ENTERTAINMENT INC. (s15)
Available in Canada and the US