This premium proof-quality 99.95% platinum coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s exciting 2014 five-coin series featuring the beautiful and powerful Bald Eagle—an iconic North American species. This premium coin showcases the iconic head of the Bald Eagle.
Item Number: 132668
Composition: 99.95% platinum
Weight (g): 3.13
Diameter (mm): 16
Face Value: $5
Artist: Derek Wicks
Packaging: Maroon clamshell with black beauty box
- This premium coin is part of the Royal Canadian Mint’s 2014 five-coin series of fine silver, gold, and platinum coins featuring four “day in the life” scenes of the iconic Bald Eagle.
- The features of the iconic bald eagle portrait have been carefully engraved and selectively polished against the mirror background.
- Collect the entire series to complete the story of a day in the life of the great Bald Eagle as it rests, soars, hunts, and returns to its perch with the day’s food.
- Celebrate the life and habits of an astonishing Canadian predator, struck in 99.95% platinum in an engraved work of stunning artistry.
- A very low mintage of only 3,000 coins means that this edition is sure to be sought after by collectors.
- The Royal Canadian Mint’s previous Bald Eagles sold out quickly.
- A beautiful addition to any collection featuring fine artwork, natural images, native species of Canada, symbols of power and might, or Canadiana.
- A thoughtful and valuable gift for nature lovers and art aficionados.
The reverse image by Canadian artist Derek Wicks features a striking portrait of an eagle head in three-quarter profile. Viewed from its left side, the raptor fixes the viewer with its legendary gaze, its wide left eye staring powerfully below a snowy feathered brow. The intricate patterns of its white head feathers and dark neck feathers are rendered in dimensional detail by Royal Canadian Mint Engravers, as are the sharp contours of its hooked beak.